About the Protection of Personal Information
Roland recognizes the importance of protecting the privacy of information provided by and/or relating to users of and visitors to the Pro A/V website found at http://proav.roland.com (the “Site”). Because of our commitment to our users (“you” or “your”) and their privacy, we have established the following Privacy Statement which explains what personal information we collect from users of the Site, and what we do with such information. This Privacy Statement shall be governed and interpreted in accordance with the laws of Japan with respect to your accessing the Site from Europe, Asia, Australia/New Zealand or Africa, and in accordance with the laws of the United States with respect to your accessing the Site from North and South America. Any personal information (as defined below) is held in either Japan or the United States.
| || |
Basic Policy Concerning Protection of Personal Information
Pro A/V will strive for the protection of personal information pursuant to the following.
- We will fully comply with the “Act on the Protection of Personal Information” and related laws and regulations of Japan, and with applicable US legislation.
- We will collect and use personal information strictly as set forth in this Privacy Statement.
- We will implement reasonably safe measures against unauthorized access to personal information and the loss, destruction, falsification and theft of personal information.
- Unless otherwise indicated herein, we will strive to obtain the consent of the data subject in the event of: (a) use of personal information beyond the purpose for which it was collected, or (b) transfer of personal information to a third party other than as indicated in this Privacy Statement.
Definition of “personal information”
“Personal information” or “personally identifiable information” or “PII” means information pertaining to living individuals and which may identify specific individuals by name, date of birth, or other description, including information that identifies a specific individual by easy reference to other information.
1. What information we collect
First, we collect PII in two ways at present: (1) If you (the user of the Site) request Help via the Site with respect to Pro A/V, a third party cloud service (e.g., Zendesk) will manage the collection of necessary PII (such as first and last name, and email address) and product information so that we can provide necessary Help to you; (2) Anonymized and aggregate information is collected by services such as Google Analytics, which does not identify individual PII and is used to help us optimize the Site for users. Any data collected will be stored with a secure third party data center, such as Amazon Web Services. It is possible that at some point the Site will require registration for certain functions, and if so, the Site will collect PII such as first name, last name, email address, and the user would have to establish a password which would be encrypted, but we would never know your password. More specifically, the following is relevant regarding collection of PII:
- We do not collect or hold your credit card information in relation to the Site. We may use geo-location/GPS information for identifying out-of-country visitors (via IP address detection) and for our Dealer Locator and Service Center Locator pages ), but we do not store this information and it is not required from you.
- Certain services that we use, such as Google Analytics and Google Analytics Advertiser Features/Display Advertising, collect device identifiers (such as IP address) and mobile network information including phone number, which enables us to gather aggregate demographic information about our users, and in certain cases provides us with more detailed demographics about Site users.
- We do not knowingly collect personal information from users under the age of 13. If we are made aware of that we have such personal information, we will take reasonable steps to delete that information.
2. How we use information we collect
- Certain information, such as personal information you provide in order to use the Site Help functionality, as described above, is used to facilitate such activities.
- Such personal information is collected on our behalf by a designated service provider such as Zendesk. We do not disclose this information to third parties unless we have been authorized by you, or are required to disclose such information by law, or it is necessary to protect personal health, safety or to protect property.
- Other information, such as that collected from cookies and other technologies, like Internet or pixel tags, placed by services such as Google Analytics, is used to gather broad demographic information about our users in general, which are used for audits and to perform statistical analysis of user behavior in order to measure interest in various areas of our Site and to ensure a better user experience on the Site and with Roland. Much of this information is anonymous and aggregated data, which is used to generate reports for various business purposes
- We only disclose PII to a service provider as indicated above who is delegated the right to collect, store or otherwise process such information on our behalf if such service provider is under a contract that expressly protects such PII from loss or disclosure.
- We only disclose PII to our related our group companies as necessary, generally to respond to your inquiries, whether about where to purchase or obtain service, how to register a product, in order to opt-in to newsletters, and other questions you may have.
- Services such as Google Analytics Advertiser Features/Display Advertising may be used to serve tailored ads to users, and enable features such as Remarketing with Google Analytics, Google Display Network Impression Reporting, DoubleClick Campaign Manager integration and Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting. However, these features will not associate a cookie or anonymous identifier with sensitive personal categories, such as those based on race, religion, health or sexual orientation. In addition, without your consent/opt-in, we will not permit personal information to be merged with non-personally identifiable information collected from Display Advertising features.
- We use first-party cookies (such as Google Analytics cookies) and third-party cookies (such as the DoubleClick cookie) to report how ad impressions, our use of ad services and interactions by users with these ad impressions and ad services are related to Site visits.
- A cookie is a small piece of data sent from a website and stored in a user’s web browser while the user is visiting a website. When the user loads the website, the browser sends the cookie back to the server to notify the website of the user’s previous activity. Third-party cookies are used to compile records of users’ browsing history.
4. Correcting your information and opting in/out.
- Your use of the Site, as well as your providing us personal information in connection with use of the Help functionality on the Site, constitutes your choice to opt in to the manner in which we handle your PII as set forth in this Privacy Statement, including without limitation our right to use a service provider such as Zendesk to collect the necessary PII to provide you with the help you seek, and our right to use of a secure data center such as Amazon Web Services to store any such personal data and Google Analytics data. Except as indicated in this Privacy Statement, we will not transfer your data to any third parties without your consent.
- To correct, change, update or remove any personal information that we hold about you, please send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- In addition, you can opt out of Google Analytics Advertiser Features through Ads Settings, Ad Settings for mobile apps, or any other available means (such as the Network Advertising Initiative opt-out).
5. Website links
- Pro A/V uses commercially reasonable security and precautions to keep any personal information disclosed to us via the Site secure, using physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure such information against unauthorized access or use.
- Nonetheless, we cannot guarantee the security, accuracy or completeness of such information or our procedures.
7. Website and Jurisdiction
Finally, the Site and any PII will be hosted in the United States and/or Japan, and any data will be controlled in the United States and/or Japan. The Site is in full compliance with Japanese and U.S. laws, but we do not represent that we are in compliance with all laws, including privacy laws, in all countries from which users may browse to the Site. This Privacy Statement shall be governed and interpreted in accordance with the laws of Japan with respect to your use of the Site in/from Europe, Asia, Australia/New Zealand or Africa, and in accordance with the laws of the United States with respect to your use of the Site in/from North and South America.
We reserve the right to modify this Privacy Statement at any time, in order to comply with law and as deemed necessary for our Site and business. Any Statement will be effective upon posting to the Site, so please check the date of the last update to this Privacy Statement to ensure that you are familiar with any modifications.
9. Contact Information
For questions about this Privacy Statement or Site practices, please contact us at: Roland Corporation
Attention: Pro A/V Website Privacy Questions
2036-1 Nakagawa, Hosoe-cho, Kita-ku, Hamamatsu,
Shizuoka 431-1304, Japan
Email to: email@example.com