The PR-50 is one of the popular Roland PR Video Presenter Series. The PR-50 is a unique video display and performance system designed for video display or visual performances used in retail, concerts, churches, tradeshows, hotels, conventions centers and seminars. The internal hard-drive storage format is DV so display quality remains very high – ideal for plasma and large display applications. Playback of clips is instant and can be configured in preset sequences. Real-time presentations can be triggered on demand using a touchscreen, RS-232C device, MIDI, optional DV-7C controller, mouse or keyboard. For ad display installations, the PR-50 contains a Scheduler for display management and is also networkable sharing content folders and clock adjustments remotely. Multiple PR-50s can be setup in a master/slave configuration for synchronized multiscreen applications. In addition, it can be turned into a stand-alone KIOSK via its customizable GUI.
The PR-50 is suitable for
• Visual presentations in conjunction with concerts, live stage shows, and dance clubs (with MIDI Keyboard, trigger unit, etc.)
• Video kiosk systems
• Video performance presentation at events such as trade shows, business presentations, weddings, etc.
On-demand Playback of Digital Video
• Native DV audio/video signal output
• Stores and plays back up to 13 hours of unique content even in a continuous loop
• MIDI control of digital video and audio content
• Allows fully automated loop playback
• Easy re-display of any sequenced clip with a single key stroke
• Direct and easy operation with a mouse or ASCII keyboard
• Real-time effect/mixing with DV7C controller
• Use any MIDI controller (e.g. MIDI keyboard, touch-pad, or V-LINK™ enabled device)
• Touch screen via RS-232C control
• Compatibility with many third-party devices (PR-50 Compatibility)
Integration of Video Formats
• Allows editing of video and audio clips
• Can use removable hard disks (DV-HD60/DV-HD120) as a media source for dynamic playback and archiving
• Will import DV video clips created on a PC through the CD-ROM drive and FireWire interface
Multi-screen performance by controlling the PR-50 with a MIDI controller. Multi-Screen Setup Instructions.
The PR-50 can be controlled by MIDI note and program change information. The PR-50 can also be controlled by the DV-7C, regular keyboard, and RS-232C control such as a touch screen.