VR-5: AV Mixer & Recorder
Everything you need in a single device
The VR-5’s “all-in-one” solution greatly simplifies production, recording and streaming of any live event. The VR-5’s innovative design incorporates a video switcher, audio mixer, video playback, recorder, preview monitors and output for web streaming all in a single unit. As a USB Video/Audio class device, web streaming is effortless by simply connecting to a computer running a live streaming service such as Livestream, USTREAM, worshipstream.com, Stickam, and others as well as any video call service such as Skype and iChat. The reduction in hardware equipment, setup time and connection complexity ensures a worry-free, easy to use solution for any event. See the current VR-5 Streaming Software Compatibility list for more information on streaming software compatibility.
The VR-5 is ideal for school meetings, churches, council meetings, panels, corporate events, live web broadcasting - any live event.
- 5-Channel Video Switcher (3 video sources, PC input, video playback)
- 2 Mono and 5 Stereo Mixable Audio Channels
- Built-in scan converter for PC input
- Built-in dual LCD monitors with touch control for easy video source selection
- Three video layers for 2 video sources plus DSK (downstream keyer)
- MPEG-4 player/recorder
- USB video/audio class device for web streaming
More InfoA world of power in a compact unit. All controllable by a single operator.
Connect to a PC via USB
*The world's first USB Video/Audio Class supported AV mixer.
Simply connect like a Web camera to enable easy live streaming.
*Our research at time of printing
Intuitive operation with Dual Touch Monitors
The Program and Preview monitors are operated by touching the screen such as when selecting video sources and PinP position changes. The sound from the sources can be monitored using headphones.
Simple video compositing
In addition to Transition effects, Picture in Picture (PinP) and SPLIT
are also available. Simply select an effect and the respective video sources.
Control transparency with a single knob
Advanced video composition such as placing a person or text over a background video source can be fine-tuned using a single knob.
Audio and video from a PC
Connect a PC to the RGB connector for various applications such as presentation, slide shows and movie playback.
Full digital audio mixing
Two mono and five stereo audio inputs (total of 12Ch) are mixed with full digital audio processing. This results in a high quality sound with effects such as "Noise Gate" for reducing background noise, and a "Mastering Tool" to ensure consistent output volume. The "Audio Follow" function enables the audio to fade from one source to another as the video source changes.
Record to SD memory card
The built-in recorder can record the final output of the VR-5 to SD memory card. Up to four hours of recording is possible when using a 4GB card. The MPEG-4 capture format enables easy sharing of recorded video. The VR-5 can also playback video, still image, and audio files from SD card.
VR-5 Image Converter (Win/Mac)
Software for preparing data to be played back from the VR-5 will be available from this website.
Supported Formats: AVI, MPG, MOV, WMV, MP4, DV
VIDEO OUT and AUDIO OUT knobs enable independent video and audio fade-in/out levels. Press the "USER LOGO" button to display a stored image such as company logo, show name or conference title.
- Video Format
- [Video] NTSC or PAL (ITU601)
[PC-RGB] 640 x 480/120 Hz, 800 x 600/120 Hz, 832 x 624/75 Hz,
1024 x 768/80 Hz, 1152 x 864/80 Hz, 1152 x 870/75 Hz,
1280 x 1024/75 Hz, 1600 x 1200/60 Hz (RGB VH: positive/negative logic)
* VESA DMT Version 1.0 Revision 10 conform.
* The refresh rate is the maximum value of each resolution.
HDMI 480/60p, 576/50p (output only)
- Video Sampling Rate
- [Video] 4:2:2 (Y:B-Y:R-Y), 8 bits, 13.5 MHz
- Frame Synchronizer
- 5 systems
- Input Level and Impedance
- [Video (composite)] 1.0 Vp-p, 75 ohms
[S-video] Luminance signal: 1.0 Vp-p, 75 ohms
Chrominance signal: 0.286 Vp-p, 75 ohms (NTSC) /0.3 Vp-p, 75 ohms (PAL)
[PC-RGB] 0.7 Vp-p, 75 ohms (H, V: 5 V TTL)
- Output Level and Impedance
- [Video (composite)] 1.0 Vp-p, 75 ohms
[S-video] Luminance signal: 1.0 Vp-p, 75 ohms
Chrominance signal: 0.286 Vp-p, 75 ohms (NTSC)/0.3 Vp-p,
75 ohms (PAL)
- [Input] Video (composite): BNC type x 3, S-video: 4-pin mini DIN type x 3, PC-RGB: D-Sub 15-pin Shrink type x 1 * Inputs 1 to 3; When S-video is simultaneously input to 1 to 3, S-video takes priority
- [Output] Video (composite): BNC type x 2, S-video: 4-pin mini DIN type x 2
- [Preview Output] Video (composite): BNC type x 1
- Internal Processing
- Sample Rate: 24-bit/48.0 kHz
- Input Level
- [AUX AUDIO INPUT] +4 dBu to –62 dBu (variable) Max: +22 dBu
- [Channel 1/2/3] –10 dBu Max: +8 dBu [PC AUDIO] –15 dBu Max: +3 dBu
- Input Impedance
- [AUX AUDIO INPUT] XLR type: 4 k ohms, TRS phone type: 6 k ohms
- [Channel 1/2/3 and PC AUDIO] 15 k ohms
- Input Connectors
- [AUX AUDIO INPUT] XLR-3-31 type (balanced, phantom power),
1/4 inch TRS phone type (balanced/unbalanced) * TRS type takes priority
- [Channel 1/2/3] RCA phono type [PC AUDIO] Stereo miniature type
- Output Level
- [AUDIO OUTPUT] –10 dBu Max: +8 dBu [PHONES] 50 mW + 50 mW
- Output Impedance
- [AUDIO OUTPUT] XLR type: 600 ohms, TRS phone type: 1 k ohms,
[PHONES] 10 ohms
- Output Connectors
- [AUDIO OUTPUT] XLR-3-32 type (balanced), RCA phono type
[PHONES] Stereo 1/4 inch phone type
- Recording Format
- [Format] MP4 (.mp4)
- Video Codec: MPEG-4 Visual
- Audio Codec: MP3 (MPEG-1 Audio Layer-3)
- Bit Rate
- 2 Mbps, 4 Mbps, 6 Mbps
- SD Memory Card (1 to 2 GByte)
SDHC Memory Card (Max 32 GByte), Class 4 or greater
- File System
- FAT32 (Max file size 4 GByte)
- Movie Size
- [TV Size] NTSC (720 x 480)
PAL (720 x 576)
- Max Recording Time
- Recorded file is up to 4 GByte.
Bit Rate at 2 Mbps: approximately 4 hours/4 GByte
Bit Rate at 4 Mbps: approximately 2 hours/4 GByte
Bit Rate at 6 Mbps: approximately 80 minutes/4 GByte
- Supported Playback Format
- [Video File Format] .MP4, .AVI
Video Codec: MPEG-4 Visual,
Audio Codec: MP3 (MPEG-1 Audio Layer-3)
[Audio File Format] .WAV, .MP3
[Picture File Format] .BMP, .JPG
- Other Connectors
- HDMI Connector
- [Resolution] Setup to NTSC: 480/60p
- Setup to PAL: 576/50p
OUTPUT or PREVIEW OUTPUT
- USB A Type Connector (USB 2.0 High-Speed)
- 1. For USB Storage device
2. For USB Video Stream output (Supports UVC/UAC)
• Video: 720x480p, 29.97 fps, Motion JPEG, 6-9Mbps (variable bit rate)
• Audio: 48kHz, 16-bit stereo Linear PCM
- Remote Control Interfaces
- MIDI IN: 5-pin DIN type x 1 jack
MIDI OUT/THRU: 5-pin DIN type x 1 jack
- Transition Effects
- Switcher: Cut, Mix, Hard edge wipe, Soft edge wipe
DSK: Cut, Mix
- Video Effects
- Luminance key, Chroma key, Picture-in-picture, Split
- Power Supply
- DC 12 V (AC Adaptor: PSB-7U)
- Current Draw
- 3 A (AC Adaptor: PSB-7U)
- 376 (W) x 314 (D) x 133 (H) mm,
14-13/16 (W) x 12-3/8 (D) x 5-1/4 (H) inches
- 4.3 kg, 9 lbs 8 oz (without AC Adaptor)
- *In the interest of product improvement, the specifications and/or appearance of this unit are subject to change without prior notice.
- *O dBu=0.775 Vrms
|VR-5 Streaming Software Compatibility List||
Black Dog Productions - VR-5
Blackdog Productions and VR-5 Web Stream Governor of Washington Speech Click for Details
Dave Harcrow, Academic Technology Coordinator performs a variety of job functions at King's School in Edmonds Washington. One of the things he was tasked to do was find a way to broadcast the high school football games online. Click for Details
|Compatibility With OS X Yosemite (10.10)|
- VR-5 Image Converter Ver.1.021 for Mac
- VR-5 Image Converter Ver.1.022 for Windows
- Video Capture for VR Ver. 2.1 Mac OS X
- Video Capture for VR is an application software of Mac OS X version for capturing UVC and UAC.
- Video Capture for VR Ver. 2.1 Windows 7 (Standard Def only)
- Video Capture for VR is an application software of Windows 7 version for capturing UVC and UAC.
- Video Capture for VR Ver. 2.1 Windows 8/8.1 32-bit
- Video Capture for VR is an application software of Windows 8 / 8.1 32-bit version for capturing UVC and UAC.
- Video Capture for VR Ver. 2.1 Windows 8/8.1 64-bit
- Video Capture for VR is an application software of Windows 8 / 8.1 64-bit version for capturing UVC and UAC.
- Video Capture for VR Ver. 1.100 Windows Vista
- VR-5 System Software Update Version 188.8.131.52
- VR-5 Images
If you have a question about operating your product VR-5, please contact our Product Support department by phone or email.Support Documents
- Updating Firmware
- Best Practices: Updating the Firmware of your Roland Product
- VR-5 SD Card Compatibility List
- VR-5 Streaming Software Compatibility List
- VR-5 Dimensions in DXF
- VR-5 Owner's Manual
- VR-5 Caution on Output/Recording
- VR-5 Remote Control Reference Guide
- Video Capture for VR Manual
- VR-5 Brochure