S-0808: 8 x 8 Input / Output Unit
New possibilities in multi-channel audio distribution
|Learn more about power options for the S-0808 Digital Snake. Find out more >|
- 8 inputs x 8 outputs
- Compact, light-weight, rugged
- External battery powered or embedded power over REAC (PoE)
- TRS and Hi-Z inputs
Compact and Light-weight
The S-0808 weighs around 6.6lbs making it portable and easy to setup. Rugged construction with steel handles withstands the rigors of live applications and frequent use. Fan-less design enables quiet operation in any environment.
Superb Quality, Fully Discreet Preamp
All inputs employ a high quality preamp with fully discreet circuit design resulting in outstanding sound. Eliminate the need for direct boxes by using the TRS or Hi-Z inputs. Control input gain (-65 to +10dBu), Pad and Phantom Power via a dedicated S-4000R Remote Controller or using the PC Remote Control Software (S-4000RCS). When using as part of a V-Mixing System, these parameters are controlled directly from the M-400 or M-380 V-Mixer.
The S-0808 is powered by REAC Embedded Power, External Battery Options or Power over Ethernet (PoE)*. Choose the type of power conducive to you location and application. Having not to rely on AC power opens up a world of convenience and flexibility. V-Mount (IDX) and Gold Mount (Anton Bauer) battery systems and mounts are supported using the included universal adapter plate.
* Note that if using third-party PoE swtiches or injectors, ensure they can supply a minimum of 25W.
Configure for a variety of applications and environments. Connectivity is simple enabling rapid system changes, expansion and flexibility.
Simple system setup using a pair of S-0808s. The S-4000M in a Broadcast Truck (OB Van) provides power to the remote location. Control the remote inputs using the S-4000R.
Small concert/event configuration using two battery-powered I/O units enable convenience in placing the talent where AC power is not necessarily available. Mix using your choice of V-Mixer.
This system allows I/O to be place in 4 separate locations using S-0808s. The signals from the 4 units are merged by the S-4000M as it travels to the S-4000H breakout location. Power to each of the S-0808s is supplied by the embedded power over REAC in the S-4000M.
This system enables the placement of S-0808 units around a stage conveniently
located by the drum riser, keyboards, background vocals, etc.
- S-0808 Specifications
- Number of Channels
- 8 in 8 out
- AD/DA Conversion
- Sample Rate: 96.0 kHz / 48.0kHz / 44.1kHz Signal Processing: 24 bits
- Frequency Response
- -2 dB / +0 dB (@ +4 dBu, 20 Hz to 20 kHz)
- Total Harmonic Distortion + Noise
- 0.04 % or less (Pad: On, Input Gain: +4 dBu, 22 Hz to 20 kHz)
- Dynamic Range
- 110 dB
- Cross Talk
- -80 dB or less (Input Gain: +4 dBu, typ.)
- Nominal Input Level
- -65 to -10 dBu (PAD: Off), -45 to +10 dBu (PAD: On) (1 dB step, Max. +28 dBu)
- 20 dB On/Off
- Input Impedance
- 600 ohms
- Recommended Load Impedance
- 10 k ohms or greater
- Residual Noise Level (IHF-A, typ.)
- -80 dBu or less
- Equivalent Input Noise Level (E.I.N.)
- -128 dB
- Network Latency
- 375 microseconds when using REAC cable only *1 (AD - REAC - DA Latency: about 1.2 ms)
- Input x 8 (XLR type, balanced, phantom power, INPUT 1-8) Input x 2 (TRS type, balanced, INPUT 5/6) *2 Input x 2 (TRS type, balanced, with Hi-Z switch, INPUT 7/8) *2, *3 Output x 8 (XLR type, balanced) REAC EMBEDDED POWER x 1 (RJ-45 EtherCon type) REMOTE x 1 (RS-232C, DB-9 type), DC IN x 1 (XLR 4pin type)
- Power Supply
- REAC EMBEDDED POWER or External Battery (DC 12V - 18V)
- Power Consumption
- 24 W*
- * Note that if using third-party PoE swtiches or injectors, ensure they can supply the minimum power.
- Phantom Power
- +48 V / 14 mA (each input, remote controlled)
- Battery Plate Holder and Fastening Screws (8 pcs), REAC Connector Covers x 1 Ferrite Core x 2, Fastening Screw x 4, Owner's Manual
- *1: XLR connector 1: GND, 2: HOT, 3: COLD *2: TRS takes priority if XLR and TRS are simultaneously input to INPUT 5-8. *3: TRS of INPUT 7/8 turns to unbalanced when Hi-Z is turn on. * When a REAC Splitter S-4000-SP or a switching hub is used in-line with REAC cables, the network latency will increase by the amount of processing delay introduced by the splitting device itself. The actual delay is dependant upon the specifications of the splitting device, though the maximum delay amount for a single splitting device should be about 200 microseconds.
- (0 dBu = 0.775 Vrms)
- Size and Weight
- 220 mm
- 8-11/16 inches
- 176 mm
- 6-15/16 inches
- 157 mm
- 6-3/16 inches
- 2.9 kg
- 6 lbs. 7 oz.
- In the interest of product improvement, the specifications and/or appearance of this unit are subject to change without prior notice.
Oprah’s Lifeclass Production
Harpo Studios drew from their Roland (S-4000S, S-0808, S-0816 and S-1608) digital snakes, along with the S-4000M REAC Merge Unit and S-MADI REAC MADI bridge, for Oprah’s Lifeclass. Click for Details
If you have a question about operating your product S-0808, please contact our Product Support department by phone or email.Support Documents