S-4000R: Digital Snake Remote Controller
FeaturesThe S-4000R is a component of the S-4000 Digital Snake System. It allows for zipperless remote control of preamp levels for an S-4000S-3208 or any other system source configuration up to 40 channels. It can also switch Phantom Power and Pad settings for individual channels. The remote controller can store 9 presets including all of the channel gain and other settings. This allows for fast changes from act to act in a festival and an easy way to return to defaults in an installation.
- Zipperless remote control of channel gain for an S-4000 Modular Digital Snake
- Controls Channel Gain, Pad and Phantom Power for each individual channel
- 9 Preset memories of all system settings for fast system setup or return to system default settings
- Odd/Even channel linking for easy adjustments to stereo sources
- Signal present and clipping indicator for each channel
- Hi res selected channel meter display
- Can be used at FOH location or on Stage
- Rack mount or table top operation using included 3 meter (~9.5') RS-232c cable
The S-4000R is typically used at the Front of House console position but can also be used at the Stage position. When a system has two remotes, only one can be active at any time. If the Stage remote is in use, then the FOH unit will be automatically put in a Lock mode. If the FOH operator would like to use the remote, the Lock button is pressed to unlock the remote for use at the FOH position.
The S-4000R is very easy to use. A channel is selected using the channel Dial and then the Gain, Phantom Power and Pad settings can be changed. There is a high res LED Level Meter for the selected channel. There also are indicators showing signal present for each channel. If any channel is clipped, a clip light is shown for that channel and the master Clip button is lit. Pressing the Clip button clears the clip level LEDs. Odd/Even channels can be linked for fast changes to stereo sources.
The S-4000R connects using the provided RS-232c cable. It can be used on top of a console, or rack mounted using the included rack mount kit.
The S-4000R offers a very easy way to control the gain structure and channel settings for an S-4000 Modular Digital Snake, an essential feature of any digital snake system.
- Remote Connector: 1 (RS-232C, DB-9 type)
- CLIP Indicators, SIG Indicators, POWER Indicator, REAC Indicator, CTRL Indicator, Level Meter
- Power Supply
- Supplied from connected device. (S-4000S, S-4000H; through the remote cable)
- Operatin Temperature
- 0 to +40 degrees celsius, +32 to +104 degrees Fahrenheit
- Remote Cable (3 m), Rack Mount Brackets, Installation Manual
- Size and Weight
- 215 mm
- 8-1/2 inches
- 87 mm
- 3-7/16 inches
- 55 mm
- 2-3/16 inches
- 800 g
- 1 lbs. 13 oz.
- *The specifications are subject to change without notice.
Lincoln Centers outdoor summer festival improves sound quality by upgrading analog snake to the S-4000 Digital Snake System. Click for Details
Grace Lutheran Church
The S-4000 Digital Snake System provides flexibility and improves sound quality of the new multi-purpose room at Grace Lutheran. Click for Details
The S-4000 Digital Snake System makes improves setup time and sound quality of the Jackson-Triggs Winery. Click for Details
KPLU 88.5 Public Radio
KPLU Public Radio based in Tacoma Washington at Pacific Lutheran University uses the S-4000 Digital Snake System for "All that Jazz" for its 10th annual Christmas Jam. Click for Details
Royal College of Music
The Royal College of Music Studios in London installed two S-4000s to replace its aging analogue tie-lines between its performance spaces. Click for Details
World Changers Ministries
World Changing Ministries replaces copper snake with the S-4000 Digital Snake System. Click for Details