Careers at Roland Professional A/V
Roland Professional A/V, a division of Roland U.S., located in Los Angeles, is dedicated to the support of audio and video professionals demanding excellence in both performance and system design.
Through the development and support of Roland video and audio products, we endeavor to improve workflow and maximize creative possibilities in a variety of markets. Markets we serve: Broadcast, Education, Legal, Live Production, Sports, Theater, Theme Parks, Videography, Visual Performance and Worship.
Roland U.S. offers excellent company benefits and more!
Senior Sales Engineer - Video Products
Roland Corporation U.S., a major distributor of electronic musical, audio and video equipment. The Pro AV division is looking for a Senior Sales Engineer - Video Products. IF YOU LIVE IN THE LOS ANGELS AREA THIS MAY BE THE POSITION FOR YOU. As a member of the Pro A/V Division, the Senior Sales Engineer will bring a technical sales and market development focus for Roland professional video products to the live production, systems integration and broadcast markets. The Senior Sales Engineer will, through his/her own direct-to-customer sales and support efforts, be effective in working with sales representatives, authorized resellers, consultants, production and rental companies, broadcasters, colleagues and recognized partners to increase sales and market share opportunities for Roland's professional video products.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Work directly with target customers and with independent reps to generate sales to target customers using a consultative sales style that communicates product applications, product positioning and total product value to target customers.
- Responsible for building a network of leading users and professionals for Roland professional video products
- Supporting the development of sales representative, dealer and user training resources and application of those resources.
- Provide timely feedback and interpretation of market, technology and application trends to factory engineers and colleagues.
- Participate in the development and subsequent implementation of sales and marketing strategies specific to the target customer market.
- Arrange demonstrations and trial evaluation of products to target customers.
- Leverage relationships to expand penetration into target markets in assigned territories.
- Contribute general customer support for “pre” and “post” sales inquiries.
- Provide technical and non-technical support and services to customers, key users or other staff members regarding the use, operation, and maintenance of products including non-traditional business hours.
Education/Experience: Technical arts degree is ideal, or equivalent combination of technical arts certificate and experience. Experience in live event video or broadcasting video system design, installation, operation and support. Experience in industry related sales, retail or commercial.
Skills: Requires above average interpersonal skills in dealing with customers, partners, and dealer sales staff in a timely basis where circumstances might sometimes be stressed for either in person or telephone communication. Must posses a demonstrated sales ability. Must be skilled in the use of web, email, social media, and telephone. Must be able to write technical and application based content. Must be comfortable on camera and microphone for video and audio recording. Requires the ability to write reports, and possess good spelling skills and/or the ability to use a dictionary. Basic math skills are required.
Knowledge: Requires strong knowledge of video mixing and switching hardware, digital and analog video transmission standards, video display technologies and workflows associated with broadcast or live event production.
This position requires the ability to drive, rent rental cars and hotel rooms, ability to fly to visit key markets and ability to travel internationally if required. Must be able to read and comprehend and have sufficient hearing and vision to determine audio and video characteristics as well as support telephone, office and event communications.
Sales Engineers will be expected to maintain a reliable vehicle for travel within the local area and the movement of samples and products, etc.
Must also be able to bend, push, pull, and reach above head, forward and from side to side to move or access products required for use from the customer, warehouse, or other location. Requires constant use of hands, arms, and wrist movement for PC and telephone work
This position requires the ability to sit 60% of the day, walk 10% and stand 30%. Must be able to occasionally lift and carry up to 50 pounds. Must also be able to bend, push, pull, and reach above head, forward and from side to side to access files. Some driving is involved to attend seminars. Requires constant use of hands, arms, and wrist movement for PC work. Requires the ability to write memos, and possess good spelling skills and/or the ability to use a dictionary. Must be able to read and comprehend what is read. Basic math skills are required. Must have good eyesight for reading, writing and use of PC. Must have good hearing and be able to speak clearly, for phone work and interaction with other employees, vendors and other outside callers.
This is an exempt salary position. Pay periods are bi-weekly. Company offers excellent salary, and benefit package will include medical, dental, vision, 401(k) and much more. If interested, please send resume with salary history to firstname.lastname@example.org. NO AGENCY PHONE CALLS, PLEASE.